Women Empowering Women to Grow Their Businesses
You’re invited! And so is your Business
The Ulster County Regional Chamber of Commerce and Key4Women invite you to an exclusive forum and networking event.
WOMEN EMPOWERING WOMEN TO GROW THEIR BUSINESSES
While the growth of women-owned businesses has outpaced all other types of firms and now accounts for 40% of all small businesses and $1.7 trillion in revenues in the U.S., women business owners are not getting their fair share of capital. Women-owned businesses typically raise far less funding to finance and grow their firms, and women’s networks have fewer viable economic resources compared to men. Why is that? For one, men are three times more likely to ask for outside funding than women, and make more meaningful connections to help their business. Gender bias, lack of financial confidence, and a tendency for women to undervalue their work also factor into the equation.
WOMEN EMPOWERING WOMEN is about helping one another overcome the barriers to business growth. Join the conversation with keynote speaker Barb Smith, Director of Key4Women and a panel made up of distinguished business owners and economic development professionals:
- Beth Bengtson, entrepreneur and founder of the non-profit “Women Working for Women”
- Dr. Mindy Kole, Associate Dean of Business Studies, SUNY Ulster
- Lisa Berger, Director of the Ulster County Office of Economic Development
- Maria Cabrera, business owner, Maria Cabrera Alterations & Tailoring
Panel Moderator: Susan Diamond, Financial Advisor, Directory of Philanthropy & Women's Wealth, Power Forward Group
Welcoming remarks by Ingrid Kulick, Executive Director, Ulster Chamber Foundation
Who should attend:
- Key4Women members
- Women business owners, managers, entrepreneurs interested in starting and/or growing their businesses
- Anyone with an interest in supporting women-owned businesses