The New York City Department of Investigation ("DOI") is one of the oldest law enforcement agencies in the country with a mission of combating municipal corruption. It serves the People of New York City by acting as an independent and nonpartisan watchdog for New York City government, City agencies, and City employees, vendors with City contracts, individuals and entities that receive City funds.
The BT-2 Project will consist of connecting two water shafts, 700 to 900 feet in depth, to a by-pass tunnel and building the by- pass tunnel approximately 2.5 miles in length to ensure the continuous delivery of clean drinking water for New Yorkers. The candidate will be required to report to DOI’s satellite location in Marlboro, NY, as well as, work from a satellite office in Westchester, NY on occasion. The candidate may also be required to work with other investigative units and City agencies to provide support.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the investigation of matters involving fraud, waste and abuse related to the NYC Department of Environmental Protection ("DEP") Roundout - West Branch Bypass Tunnel Construction & Wawarsing Repairs Project ("BT-2") located in Marlboro, NY. The candidate will be expected to monitor and ensure regular reviews as related to the DEP Capital project and its operations. The candidate will also perform regular audits/investigations to ensure the DEP project is in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations; and public intent against fraud, waste, abuse and corruption of its project or operations.
1. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's Department of Education or a recognized
accrediting organization and four years of satisfactory full-time experience in an industrial or governmental agency in the field of investigation, auditing, law enforcement, security, inspections, or in a major operational area of the agency in which the appointment is to be made; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university; or
3. Education and/or experience equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
1) Knowledge of the construction industry a plus.
2) Knowledge of, and demonstrated interest in, law enforcement and criminal justice.
3) Relationship-builder with strong interpersonal skills who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
4) Highly analytical thinker with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and
streamlining complex work processes.
5) MAC Environment and Excel proficiency is preferred.
6) Familiarity with New York City a plus.
7) Candidate must possess a valid New York State Drivers License.
8) Experience supervising a team of Investigators.
All current City Employees may apply by going to Employee Self Service (ESS) http://cityshare/ess Click on Recruiting
Activities/Careers and search for the specific Job ID# 284215.
All other applicants, please go to www.nyc.gov/career/search and search for the specific Job ID# 284215. Please do not email, mail or fax your resume to DOI directly. Submissions of resumes does not guarantee an interview.
Due to the high volume of resumes DOI receives for positions, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Appointments are subject to Office of Management & Budget approval for budgeted headcount.
Primary Location: 5503 Route 9W Marlboro, NY
465 Columbus Ave, Valhalla, NY